Monday, January 23, 2006

It's time to do good, as Granny Weatherwax might have said...

I had wondered what had happened to my diversity motion, you remember, the one that caused me so much angst in November. And now I know. The good news is that it's been accepted for debate, and, even better, given a 45 minute late morning slot.

And now for the politics. Who proposes it, who summates, how to lobby for support and who to talk to are the key issues now. There is evidently a desire for action across the wider Party, and the fact that the motion has been given a fairly prominent slot must be a good thing. I'll need to talk to a few people in the coming days, I suspect.

It also appears that there won't be a compositing process, as my opponent's submission was rejected by the Federal Conference Committee. I don't know why, although I'm sure that someone will explain eventually...

No comments: