Sunday, October 30, 2005

Gold, gold, and it's all... not mine...

I had said that I wasn't impressed with Bogota when I passed through the first time and, I must now confess, I was wrong.

On arrival, I set off for the Zona Rosa in Northern Bogota and discovered a world of nightlife and action. If I were fifteen years younger and forty pounds lighter, I could really have an entertaining existence, assuming of course, that I could rid myself of my persistent introversion!

Yesterday I visited the Museo del Oro, a collection of ancient gold artifacts. It really is amazing what they were able to do 2,000 years ago although some of the headwear would require neck muscles of steel to be worn with any degree of comfort whatsoever.

This evening, I head back to Buenos Aires and sea level. Altitude has been a problem for the past week but it has taught me to maintain my diet and exercise regime. I can't see a downside to that in any event.