Saturday, May 31, 2014

The race for the Party Presidency: some questions for the candidates

Alright, I've given the matter some consideration, and whilst John Tilley gave me food for thought (despite rather missing the point to my mind), I've come up with four questions to put to the candidates at this stage;
  • What do you think the role of the President should be in the year of a General Election?
  • What do you think should be the relationship between the President and the Party Leader?
  • What do you think should be the relationship between the President and the voluntary party, i.e. the activists and volunteers?
  • Name three personal attributes that would help you perform the role of Party President and why?
I will be asking the candidates to keep their answers fairly short - I don't want to take up too much of their time, and I'm sure that they're planning campaign strategy and thinking about what they want to say to members. I will also wait until I have all of their answers before I start publishing them, so as not to disadvantage anyone.

No comments: