Monday, May 26, 2014

Pampering my inner walrus

It was Christmas here in Creeting St Peter today, or at least, time for me to enjoy my gift. Yes, I know, Christmas was some time ago, but we're busy people, and we still haven't actually had the balloon ride that my parents generously gave Ros last August. And so, we set off this morning to Elveden Forest for a spa day.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Yes, I do liken myself to a walrus, and that isn't perhaps the sort of thing that a walrus would like, but actually, I do rather enjoy being pampered, and I do like a good spa. I've found time for pampering in as far flung places as Bogota and Ho Chi Minh City, and even though my self-image problems persist, I can deal with that for a while, in a good cause.

The other advantage of being at a spa is that you're cut off from the outside world. No iPhone, no iPad, just gentle steaming, massage, the odd dip in the pool, perfect when your political party has taken a merciless kicking in a national election and your party leader is being called on to resign.

It was, I must confess, very pleasant. And, it seems, we aren't yet in the market for a new leader...

No comments: