Friday, June 01, 2012

The Compensation Service: not good at compliance, do not trust?

I'm at home today, for a while at least, and so my morning is filled with the usual pottering about activities, catching up on e-mail, drinking tea. Actually, put like that, it sounds a bit like my office, but with a more relaxed dress code.

However, there is one more, rather less enjoyable aspect to it, the regular calls from claims management companies. Today's was a bit more fun than usual though. The phone rings, and the usual breathless message telling me that various banks and financial institutions have missold PPI follows when I pick it up. I am invited to 'press 5 to talk to an advisor', so I do, and am asked by a youngish sounding woman what sort of claim I might be making. I note that I'm not, but that she appears to be in breach of the Code of Conduct for Claims Management Companies. She hangs up, leaving a presumption of guilt hanging over her.

So, I'll assume that her organisation are guilty then.

And, because I'm a community-minded sort of person, I'll note that she was calling from 'The Compensation Service', apparently based in Hull.

No need to thank me...

No comments: