Friday, February 10, 2012

Off for training in the morning...

I'm off down to London tomorrow, for my Returning Officer training. Oh yes, I need to be retrained, given that we have shiny new Selection Rules. I am aware of the irony, given that I was on the Working Group that rewrote them, but there can be no exceptions.

And it's probably about time too, as I've already had an informal approach to see if I'd be willing to serve in one of the forthcoming European Parliamentary selections (the answer is no, but then I said that I'd leave the country after the 1997 selection, and ended up doing 2002 and 2007 as well). There might also be Police and Crime Commissioner selections in my Region, and I do so like to be helpful when I can.

I've already done the pre-training test, which meant reading the new Rules - it would be rather embarrassing if I got too many things wrong.

I'll let you know what happened when I get back...

No comments: