Monday, July 02, 2007

European Selection: 'tis the night after Christmas...

... and all across the land, Returning Officers are wondering what's in their stockings (actually, I'm not sure that I like that analogy) but I've already opened all of my presents, notified the Selection Committee and filed a list with Candidates Office to check that they're all validly approved candidates.

And now the fun really starts, with decisions to be made over longlisting, interviews to be scheduled and all of the other 'stuff' that needs to be arranged. On the positive side, the hustings meetings have been arranged, and I look forward to spending successive Saturdays in Brighton, Oxford, Woking, Eastleigh, Canterbury, Newbury and Burgess Hill in September and October, watching my beloved candidates debate, canvass and campaign themselves to near standstill.

Watch this space, as I'll be making the odd announcement via this blog. In the meantime, is your Local Party holding a social event between now and 6 November, particularly in the period from 28 August to 6 November? If so, let me know, and I'll pass word on to the applicants...

No comments: