Saturday, November 19, 2005

Make merry, for tomorrow we may die...


It's early in the morning and I'm fighting Cincinnati (he's red, he's a cat, and American sports fans will get this...) for control of my computer keyboard (and he's bigger than I am - or at least his personality is).

Today is the Regional Conference of the London Liberal Democrats, an opportunity to catch up with old friends, make new ones and exchange "war stories". I get to speak, on a motion of my own devising, and, although I thought that the concept of enhancing opportunities to play a full part in our campaigning for all was "a good thing", I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't make a mistake.

I seem to have made a mortal enemy in the "Mole Valley Mauler", Nasser Butt. He's attacked me in print, called for me to be voted off of the Regional Executive, questioned my motives and been generally rude and churlish. What I don't understand is, why? Oh well, on the basis that any publicity is good publicity, I can only be flattered by the notion that I am important enough for someone to think that they can enhance their credibility by attacking me. Besides, I enjoy the cut and thrust of the debate, if truth be told...

Oh, and of course, polls close tomorrow in the Regional elections. I wonder what will happen? More news as it happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You take things too personal. A political discussion is just that- a discussion. I do not feel any different about you than what I did six months ago. But be prepared to have your views challenged!

Nasser