Thursday, June 12, 2014

From there to there, from there to here, but with a hat

Back to Brussels again, this time for an inquest into the European Parliament elections at an Extraordinary Council meeting of ALDE.

Naturally, given the well nigh catastrophic performance of the Liberal Democrats - if Catherine Bearder hadn't survived, it certainly would have been catastrophic - our plucky delegation will be the recipients of a little sympathy, and quite a lot of regret. We have, rather too late, discovered just how punishing D'Hondt can be. There is some personal consolation, in that it does mean that I'm back in Brussels, enjoying some fine beer, with the opportunity to eat fine food and generally potter around. The meeting doesn't start until after noon, so I even have the morning to take a stroll around the city.

I had, in my haste to leave the house yesterday, forgotten two things - my Berlin guidebook and a hat. Given my lack of hair, a hat is a must, so I picked up a Panama hat whilst passing through London this afternoon. The guidebook will have to be done without...

No comments: