Thursday, May 31, 2012

You want an owl? I'm your man... as long as it isn't in the nature reserve

It was a short meeting of the Parish Council on Tuesday evening, as much because neither Steve, our Chair, Rosemary, our Parish Clerk, or I were 100%, but also because much of our business had already been dealt with at the Annual Parish Meeting just a week before. Indeed, most of our discussions were about the newer parts of our empire, the Nature Reserve, the small piece of woodland and our playground.

However, at the end of the meeting, when talking about wildlife, it was decided that we should have a 'point man' for non-nature reserve related wildlife, and that this someone should be me. It is perhaps a sign of how off-colour I was that I'm not entirely sure what it is I have taken on. Luckily, I happen to have a Pocket Guide to the Wildlife of Britain so, if you happen to see me peering at various things in a rather vague way, you'll know that I'm doing my job...

No comments: