Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to life, back to National Express East Anglia...

Alright, I need to get to work. So, I head for the station to catch the 9.12 to Liverpool Street which, to add to the gaiety of nations, I find is being terminated at Ipswich this morning, for reasons unexplained. So far, so NXEA. And then, an announcement. "For passengers on platform 1 awaiting the 9.12 service, we regret to announce that this service has been cancelled.".

Ho hum, thinks I, I'd be better off on the 9.29 anyway, so I cross the footbridge and head for the station shop to buy a newspaper. As I head back along the platform, the warning sounds for the closing of the level crossing next to the station can be heard, so I look over my shoulder, only to see the cancelled 9.12 pulling in to Stowmarket. Best of all, it has 'London Liverpool Street' on the front. So I scuttle over the bridge and ask the driver whether or not he is actually going to London. "I don't know", he admits, "but I'd recommend that you get on this and change at Ipswich." "To the train that stops here after yours?", I respond. "Well you know more than I do then!", he exclaims.

It's good to be back, no, really it is...

2 comments:

Jonathan Wallace said...

Have you seen that National Express are one of the sponsors of the Liverpool Conference!?

Mark Valladares said...

Jonathan,

I wonder if they'll have a stall at the Conference? If so, I can have a nice chat with them about their customer services policy...