Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wokingham - where it's easier to sign up deliverers than to answer the quiz...

After a lengthy, but quite pleasant journey, we arrived at Earley, where we had an engagement to meet Steve Scarrott, victor of the recent Radstock by-election, and Prue Bray, our Group Leader on Wokingham Council and PPC for Wokingham.

Our first activity was to visit some of our canvassed supporters from the by-election, to see if they would be willing to do some delivering for us. The first two doors yielded success, much to my surprise, as did my fourth. It was clearly time to stop before I pushed my good fortune and evident natural charm too far...

A pitstop for tea, and off to a curry quiz night. Tahir, whom I had met before, and is very active, had organised the event and a decent crowd came out to support it and to hear the guest speaker. The food was excellent, although the quiz was shaping up to be one of the most difficult I've ever encountered. It was time to make my excuses and head into the night...

No comments: