Saturday, June 21, 2008

From here to there, from there to somewhere else... life on and in the Royal Duchy

And so, Mr Valladares, what are you up to today?

Life isn't just about a campaign for the Presidency - yes, yes, Ros is running, not me - but I have my own niche within Liberal Democracy. Accordingly, we found ourselves going our separate ways today. I had a hellishly early start to catch the 08:17 train from Plymouth to Penmere (change at Truro), whilst Ros had a more leisurely morning, travelling to Tavistock for a lunchtime event with Torridge and West Devon Lib Dems. She then set off for Exmouth whilst I make the epic journey from Penmere to Exmouth (change at Truro and Exeter St Davids - journey time 4 hours and 27 minutes) to meet her. Oh yes, I'm still somewhere in Cornwall, riding on the 'Royal Duchy' and heading for the Tamar...

Tonight, we're meeting up to attend the East Devon Lib Dem boat cruise, so I am time constrained (thanks heavens the train is on time!). Ros thinks that I'm slightly crazy, travelling for six and a half hours to give a one hour presentation, but the views from the train are nice, and a promise is a promise...

No comments: