Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Monkeys clearly can't do accents...

I was slightly puzzled by the speed of the response to my last blog entry about 'Cranford', and Ros wondered whether or not someone at the BBC had been using Google to see what the response was. I was even more puzzled to find this on the 'Monkey' blog in the Guardian's online offering...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/mediamonkey/2007/11/grand_entrance_for_cranford.html

Incredibly plummy? I'm frightfully sorry, but those of us from North London comprehensive schools don't do 'plummy'. We do, however, have the courtesy to explain to those at the desk that we are the guest of an invitee and therefore not on the guest list in our own right.

On the other hand, it is nice to know that at least my voice fits in high society...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...the comment was not necessarily made by a member of the BBC, but possibly.